Перегляд за Автор "Bohdan Valerii"
Зараз показуємо 1 - 12 з 12
Результатів на сторінці
- ДокументCommon and Distinctive Features of Complex Syntactic Units and Composite Sentences(Видавничий будинок Мелітопольської міської друкарні, 2018) Bohdan ValeriiThe paper compares composite sentences and adjoining constructions with the adjoining connective words, which are homonymous to coordinating and subordinating conjunctions. For the first time the adjoined parts that are equal in importance to base utterances not only semantically but also formally (i. e. those that are structurally integral elements of adjoining constructions) were singled out.
- ДокументComplex Syntactic Units v. Composite Sentences: the Problem of Correspondence(Berdyansk State Pedagogical University, 2016) Bohdan ValeriiThe paper focuses on similar and distinctive, obligatory and optional peculiarities of formal organization of non-elementary adjoining constructions and complex sentences. The conclusion is made that non-elementary adjoining constructions can realize practically all the models of arrangement and all the semantic and syntactic relations that are characteristic of non-elementary complex sentences. Adjoining constructions and complex sentences have equivalent structures, but in the text hierarchy they are on different syntactic levels − a textual and a sentence level respectively.
- ДокументThe Development of an Adjoining Construction through Time(РВВ КДПУ ім. В. Винниченка, 2018) Bohdan ValeriiIn linguistic literature, despite the importance of resolving of one of the topical issues of modern linguistics ─ the detection of means of joining separate sentences and supra-sentence entities to form larger text units, little attention has been paid so far to the problems of text organization and studying language units participating in its formation. With rare exceptions, the majority of research is carried out synchronically. Nevertheless, a careful diachronic study of language phenomena helps to reveal the nature of many innovative processes in modern languages. Thus, a diachronic approach to studying the structure of an utterance allows to interpret the phenomenon of text units in general and an adjoining construction in particular in an absolutely new way. Many researchers qualified these text units mainly as a syntactic tendency of a language of the late 20th century, i.e. as an exclusively modern phenomenon. The conducted research allows to claim that such a point of view is not justified as the analysis of the English literary texts of the 16th ─ 21st centuries showed that the roots of an adjoining construction go back centuries. However, in different periods of the English language development, the formation and functioning of an adjoining construction was either a more stylistic phenomenon or a syntactic one. Thus, a comparative analysis of the English texts of the 20th ─ 21st centuries and the texts of the 16th ─ 19th centuries showed important differences in the functions fulfilled by an adjoining construction. In the works of fiction of the last two centuries, the adjoining constructions are mostly colloquial in their form and give an expressive colouring to the text. In this case, an adjoining construction can be regarded as a stylistic and syntactic phenomenon, while the adjoining construction s of the previous centuries tended to be the result of purely syntactic transformations of the text by its author.
- ДокументExtralingual factors as part of supra-sentence units(РВВ КДПУ ім. В. Винниченка, 2020) Bohdan ValeriiUp to now, far too little attention has been paid to the examining of extralingual means and their actualization in text units, which are investigated on the example of adjoining constructions and composite sentences. Both linguistic and non-linguistic means of communication are interconnected and interdependent. Accordingly, without taking into account the latter, the content of the utterance may be incorrectly decoded by a reader. Thus, it is not enough for a linguist to confine himself to analysing only speech. One must also take into account physical actions (gestures, facial expressions, etc.), intonations that carry a certain communicative load and in a real text turn into verbal form for their visual perception.
- ДокументAn Isolated Connective Word as a Characteristic Feature of an Expressive Rheme(РВВ КДПУ ім. В. Винниченка, 2019) Bohdan ValeriiWhile examining expressive rhemes of adjoining constructions, the attention of researchers is attracted by one of the means of stylistic singling out of the second part of this supra-sentence unit – a graphically separated adjoining connective (word). It is a very characteristic feature of an expressive rheme. In this case, this adjoining connective word becomes a separate statement and assumes a special significance and an additional logical emphasis.
- ДокументOn the issue of the linguistic status of adjoining constructions and dialogical units(Бердянський державний педагогічний університет, 2022) Bohdan ValeriiA comprehensive study of the relationship between systemic and linguistic as well as speech regularities of text organization within the processes of discretization and syncretization of its components requires a clear differentiation among text units. The attempts to identify composite syntactic units – an adjoining construction and a dialogic unity (a question and answer unity) encourage us to write again about the procedure for their distinction, which determines the relevance of this work.
- ДокументOn the Problem of Differentiation between an Adjoining Construction and a Parcelled Sentence(EPC of Volodymyr Vynnychenko Central Ukrainian State Pedagogical University, 2022) Bohdan ValeriiThe paper focuses on the comparison of structural, semantic, communicative and pragmatic features of adjoining constructions and parcelled sentences on the material of the texts belonging to different genres in Modern English and Ukrainian. The criteria for dissociation of an adjoining construction from a parcelled sentence are offered.
- ДокументOutside Reading: Problems and Solutions(Konstantin Preslavsky Publishing House, 2021) Bohdan ValeriiTeachers of foreign languages are very much aware of the problem of shortage of coursebooks for reading modern literature. The existing materials by both domestic and foreign authors are mainly based on the material of classic stories and novellas. A few methodological works based on the contemporary Anglo-American literature are often limited to brief methodological support that is insufficient for a comprehensive study of a text. The purpose of this article is to discuss the ways to improve the efficiency of outside (home) reading teaching. The necessity of creating an integrated, scientifically and methodologically well-thought-out system of home reading classes for the 1st – 5th-year students of foreign language departments at universities based on modern linguistic material is substantiated. Some efficient methods for developing speech competence of students in the four major language skills are suggested.
- ДокументPeculiarities of Stage Directions as Optional Components of Adjoining Constructions(Видавничий будинок Мелітопольської міської друкарні, 2020) Bohdan ValeriiThe paper deals with the peculiarities of functioning of such extralingual means as stage directions within the framework of adjoining constructions and composite sentences. The conclusion was drawn about the universality of separating properties of the interpositively located stage directions in relation to the adjoining constructions and composite sentences in terms of form with maintaining the semantic unity of their parts.
- ДокументThe Role of Heredity in Formation of a Person's Character (Based on Wilkie Collins’ Novel No Name)(Berdyansk State Pedagogical University, 2022) Bohdan Valerii; Poluliakhov ArtemTopical scientific events, directly related to the existence of a human, could not but be reflected in prose fiction. Thus, Wilkie Collins’ novel raises the questions that are being discussed today both in the scientific literature and even in the general press around the world: What does our character depend on? Are character traits inherited? Does the environment affect personality development? Today, genetics has come close to explaining the phenomenon depicted in chapter one of the novel and developed in subsequent chapters – the complete dissimilarity of two siblings, both external and internal. The author wanted to explain this phenomenon, but he did not look for its causes in the area where they actually lie. He rejected their religious interpretation, but, at the same time, could not decisively break with the Christian myth: Evil – Good.
- ДокументThe Typology of Syntactic Means of Expressiveness Used on the Ukrainian Social Networking Sites(2023) Bohdan ValeriiThe work examines the peculiarities of functioning of such syntactic means of showing expressiveness, which always attract attention and, accordingly, are one of the factors of influence on the recipient of information. The criteria for distinguishing parcelling from joining are proposed.
- ДокументWholistic Approach to Teaching Present Simple and Past Simple Tense Forms(Berdyansk State Pedagogical University, 2023) Bohdan ValeriiIt is the purpose of this work to clarify the process of formation of Present and Past Simple tenses. The generalizing tables contribute to students’ better comprehension of the peculiarities of the formation of the above tenses, and therefore to the promotion of their grammatical competence.